How can you apply for financial support?
You can only apply for financial support after you have registered your project. In your ARUBA DOET account you will find a button called: "Financial support". You can create or open your account by clicking the button "Login" on the top right of the website.
- Note! The button 'apply for financial support' is only active if you indicated that you need more than 5 volunteers and if you have entered your banking details under the organization information.
- Note! Applications can be submitted until December 20th, 2018. Funding is provided on a first come first serve basis, so please send in your paperwork early!
Conditions regarding your application for financial support:
- Your organization is an official foundation, school or association and you have a dedicated bank account;
- Your job is registered on www.arubadoet.com
- Your job fits the spirit of ARUBA DOET: your organization seeks new volunteers who can help you to get a specific job done on Friday 15th and/or Saturday 16th of March 2019.
- You need at least 5 new volunteers per project.
- Only one financial support will be granted per address/location.
Note: even though we would love to help as many organizations as possible, we have a limited budget. If you do not meet the above criteria, you will not be eligible for financial support. It goes without saying that your organization can still participate in ARUBA DOET. Register your job early and give volunteers more opportunity to notice you.
What we reimburse:
- Raw materials like paint, paint accessories, wood, chicken wire and pickets for fencing, cleaning material, trees and bushes, small hardware etc;
- Rental fees for larger tools and appliances, like ladders, high pressure cleaners, litter pick-up stick, excavators, spades etc;
- Food and drink for the troops, to a maximum of AWG 250.
Exclusively for institutions / organizations that take care of physically or mentally limited people:
- Cost of an excursion, like bus rental and entrance fees;
- Artists fees (e.g. clowns and performers), or fees for hair dressers and stylists that are needed for so-called spa-days, to a maximum of AWG 600;
- You are allowed to spend the complete amount on food and drinks if your activity involves a breakfast, lunch, high tea or similar event.
What we do not reimburse under any circumstances:
- Jobs and/or organizations who do not meet all criteria;
- Purchase of building material or prêt a porter goods;
- Presents or activities to thank your staff or regular volunteers;
- Promotion material and/or prizes for bingo, games etc;
- Jobs or goods that are beneficial for individuals or their houses.
The financial procedure:
Your ARUBA DOET application form should reach us before January 18th, 2019. We will notify you if we (wholly or partially) accept your application. You will receive the money by bank wire via CEDE Aruba no later than February 17th, 2018 to make it possible to make the necessary purchases in time. CEDE Aruba will organize a separate gathering to pick up your promotional materials. You will be invited for this gathering on time.